grey/yellow template

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Land of Nod

Since the post months ago, our little sugarplum has become quite the pleasant sleeper.

There is no reason nor change that accounts for this wonderful manifestation. She apparently just decided that she would not cause World War 3 each and every night. So, we continue our little routine of rabbit milk(actually cow's milk with a dab of Nestle Quik in it... you know rabbit on the front), reading, prayers, songs, then off to sleep.

BUT, just to put me in my place, just so she is sure I am aware of her feelings about the matter...

Last night's routine ended like this:

Me: Goodnight sweetheart, I love you.
T: Goodnight Mommy, I love you too.
T: Mommy (Pause)
Me: Yes
T: This sleeping thing is making me sick!(Said in the sarcastic tone of "you make me sick")
Me: Ok

4 comments:

Manu Family said...

LOL... that is cute.... My 9and 10 year still don't cooperate at bedtime.... LOL maybe I should try a lil rabbits milk..;)

Amy Jones said...

Oh...just you wait, my friend. If you ever need to commiserate over the "attitude" of little girls, give me a call. :)

Amy Jones said...

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family picture.

Amy said...

It makes me sick too, the way you make her go to bed at a reasonable hour. I can't believe you are placing so much pressure on her to get a good night's rest. Also, playdate next week? We'll be in town bored. Let me know if your free.