grey/yellow template

Thursday, January 7, 2010

On a scale from 1-10terda


Do you ever have those days? Well, two days ago was one of them. After one of my kids waking up at 4:30(yes, in the morning, a.m., that is) and the next at 6:15. And no one going back to sleep until 8:30. I was in a less than stellar and patient mood. The day just continued to escalate. I really can't pinpoint anything that my tykes did terribly horrible, other than being tired and grumpy. But, I really have to say that my parenting grade for the day ended up scoring around a 2-2 1/2. Do I want to be a 2 parent, not really. I really try to shoot for 10. But yesterday that was not the case. I can really attribute it to my cruddy attitude. As the day wound up and my hubby was STILL not home from work at nine, I reviewed my hours of endurance. As my little ones lay all tucked in their beds(Rome after 15 minutes of screaming and Toria just two or so requests for various things) I thought of how terrible it was of me to not allow our day to turn out better. These precious little kids I have been blessed with did not want a day of impatient, irritated, and counting down the minutes to bedtime Mom. No, they just want love. So, fast forward to present. Yesterday was great. We made cupcakes and I even let them make all the mess they wanted to decorating them. We read, we played, we had a jolly old time and even went to visit Dad at work. We accomplished things, we ran errands and my little gems were patient and wonderful. So for yesterday my score upped to I would say and 8. And the cherry on top of the day. No comment from Toria like the day before,"You're not a very nice Mommy." Honesty at it's finest.

3 comments:

Kirah and Jeremy said...

I get that way if Kimberly gets bad at night which she usually does. But when I'm sitting there breastfeeding her I think the same thoughts "why am I letting this get to me I am so blessed, I love this little innocent girl so much" How is your pregnancy going?

Manu Family said...

LOL.. at your daughter's comment that is funny and sad at the same time....LOL... I have those days too.. it seems like if your day starts off bad ...thats it... it's going to be like that all day.... sometimes I just have to take a deep breath and redirect my attitude.. my lil one seems to not need sleep latley.. wakes up at 7 with maybe hour nap than stays up to midnight.. not very fun for mom who needs sleep to function...LOL thanks for sharing =)

Amy Jones said...

Aw man...does that mean I have to make cupcakes in order to get up from a 2? Are we sure we're not content with at least a few 2's? :)

I only say that because I'm in the middle of one of those days today. Ugh.

Perhaps I'll shoot to end at a 6...I don't think I have an 8 in me.