grey/yellow template

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Drudgery

Is it just me or do you all have certain tasks that feel like they were created to add misery to our lives? I see their purpose, but really... can't someone else tackle them? Mine is emptying the dishwasher. It's something I do pretty much every day and I put it off, try to avoid it, hope and wish that my husband will do it(NOT going to happen). I make up games to trick myself into getting this one checked off for the day. I tell myself I will do it for 5 minutes and not a second more. Well, it never takes more time than this to empty the blasted machine. I count in my head like a stopwatch and see just how quickly I can get it done. (I have just revealed what a nerd I am... seriously, games to get the dishes put away?) It's not like it takes long, it's not like it's hard. I just despise it. Please help me to not feel like such a goob. Do you have a task you hate like this one?

6 comments:

HeatherWasHere said...

That is too funny Rebecca, I never would've imagined. :)

My hated chore is laundry. (My despised-with-a-passion chore is ironing.) I think I hate it because a) it MUST be done and b) it takes all day long and I can never remember to go back and change the loads on time. So it'll stretch out into 2 sometimes three (or 4...ssh!) days. By then I'm halfway to having to start all over again! Ugh!

Kirah and Jeremy said...

I hate all the dishes it takes to cook with! Then I have to clean them!!! but mine probably is putting laundry away after I have seperated, washed, dried, folded, and then from some reason I would rather trip over it because I hate to have to find all the spots for everything to go. I feel like with Kimberly we go threw so many outfits anyways its pointless to put it away!!! ha ha

Jason and Kristin said...

I have to make a game out of lots of stuff to get it done. I'll watch my fav show on hulu and during the commercial break I'll run and sweep or put some dishes away. How's the new little one????

Manu Family said...

I hate cleaning bathrooms... with a passion... I am going to have to think of some game to get me through it.... great post =)

The Button's said...

Uh, ya, I HATE folding clothes! I don't mind putting them in the washer and then even having to move them to the dryer...... But folding..... NOPE, can't do it. They always sit in the blasted basket til there are a couple loads that need to be folded. Then once I have folded them I always tell myself it wasn't that bad. (but it never works for the next time cause it just happens all over again!)

Inside Out said...

NERD ALERT!!! NERD ALERT!!!! Mine is mopping, Hate it SO very very much. I'd trade you in a heart beat, I'll do ur emptying you do my mopping. MMMMmmm k?