grey/yellow template

Friday, October 23, 2009

Illiterate and tired

I am working on getting the ever anticipated "rest of summer" updates up. But, much to my dismay, my dear hubby(whom is the master of this lovely computer) has done some tampering or something with the shortcut he so kindly created for me to shrink down my photos for your viewing pleasure. And since I am far from the master of this machine, I am at a standstill until he is home from work long enough for me to mention this to him. Yes, he is working LOTS these days. I am not a fan. The other day he arrived at our abode at 11 pm- yes I said ELEVEN! I am going to have to call up those general authorities and give them a piece of my mind... what kind of slave drivers are they?

As a side note, does every Mom out there have "getting their 3 year old to go to bed" problems? Or am I just miserably failing in that aspect of my parenting? I swear I have tried everything... but am very open for suggestions. I am talking sitting in her room for 2 hours singing and doing everything she can to not fall asleep. Pretty much, just driving me crazy. If I would sleep in her room with her(which I have done) she falls right asleep. But, alone... it's the ninety minute wind down. HELP!

4 comments:

Manu Family said...

hi becca, its me Tiffany.... I have the same prob with my 2 year old... he has thee hardest time.... to where he basically just runs around til he falls asleep anywhere.. its so bad... I miss those easy naps ... where I can get something done... cute blog by the way... =)

Jason and Kristin said...

Oh bedtime drama. Our newest trick for Jonah is to let him fall asleep with the lights on. Apparently he's afraid of the dark. Otherwise we just let him cry it out. Sometimes I feel bad letting him cry but I've spent the better part of the night on his floor and its not something I'm going to do again. Good luck!

Jodi Jo said...

I am a mom of tough love. And one without much patience. We let Landen fall asleep with the light on for a while too. Also, if she is taking 90 mins. to fall asleep, put her to bed 90 mins. early. I've done that too. Good luck! Jodi

bonhorst said...

Hi! LeAnn forwarded me ur cute blog :) I think that our bedtime routine helps... just do the same thing every night starting with chores, snack/scripture time, then brushing teeth, best parts, family prayer & tuck in. It's a little long, but gets them settled in. Never changes. What also helps is that we tell them to get their water before bed as well, so that's not an excuse. Good luck. I KNOW a routine'll help ya somewhat if you don't have one :)
Ivy