grey/yellow template

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Toria's big "3"

On a hot and windy day in July, we celebrated our little gal's third birthday. All She wanted was a circus/elephant party. So... that's what she got. I attempted to turn our backyard in to a "greatest show on earth." We had our deck turned into a circus tent(note the "windy" previously stated, not so helpful in keeping that tent together). A clown, "Bubbles",  who provided the face painting/magic show/balloon animals entertainment. We had two amazing cakes(thanks Aubri!!!) 1)an elephant and 2) a circus tent. We had a pink elephant pinata, make your own clown hat, circus coloring pages... and well, that's about it. The only request that I could not make happen for my ever so easy to please tyke was an elephant ride. Yes, just a small request. But, alas, there are no elephants for rent in Utah. In fact, there are no elephant rides, that I could find, anywhere except for India. A little too far and too exotic of a trek for the time being. Still, she was thrilled with everything. Especially the elephant cake. I think she only stood staring at it for about 15 minutes.



4 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

Wow. That's all I can say...Wow.

Aunt Leann said...

Wow is right. I can't decide which is cuter - Toria or the elephant cake! The sheer joy on Toria's face is so heartwarming. Great job!

Amy Jones said...

Clowns? Face painting? You're a good mom. I bet she just LOVED it.

Amy said...

That is the most adorable cake I have ever seen. Love it.