grey/yellow template

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lessons from a three year old

I shared this little tidbit with some friends the the other night:

ME: (something along the lines of...) Toria, that was a very bad choice and it makes me sad                  when you do that(pathetically, I don't even remember what it was that she did!)
TORIA: well, Heavenly Father loves me even when I make bad choices.

Howe do you respond to that one? Other than agreeing and being so glad that she knows this. One of the said friends responded with reminding me of the fact that this is so great that she knows this and how fantastic it will be if she can carry this with her thru her life. (Thanks, said friend.) And I thought about this so much. How great is this that she knows that she has someone that no matter what, will always love her. How much better would we all be if we REALLY knew that and REALLY believed this with all our hearts? I don't know about you all, but I have a feeling that most of us are much harder on ourselves than ANYONE else would even think about being. If we treated our friends like we treat ourselves sometimes, we wouldn't have many friends! Thus(I love that word), let's just give ourselves a little break and remember who loves us. 

5 comments:

HeatherWasHere said...

Kids are the best at getting us to see what is important. Toria is a gem.

Jason and Kristin said...

I love ya!!

Amy said...

I love that. She's clever, because really what do you say after that?

Amy Jones said...

Reminds me of Marci's kid: "Mom, you are following Satan's plan".

Or mine: "You are RUINING our family!"

Where do they get this stuff?

Becky said...

Every once in a while our Heavenly Father uses the acts of a child to remind us of things that we might have forgotten! How precious that she knows this and it will stay with her forever!