grey/yellow template

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Goin' to the chapel

My daughter has a bit of an obsession. She is infatuated with everything involved in, thought about, or pertaining to being married/a wedding. In church, she bears her testimony... "I will get married in the temple." She sees a bride, on t.v., in a picture, anywhere... "Mommy, she is married, is she married in the temple, who is she married to...???" She sees any type of bouquet of flowers... "When I get married, I will have flowers, are those my married flowers?" 

And always this one:
T: Mommy, I will get married
Me: You can't get married until you are bigger, a grown up.
T: I will just get little married now.

The latest on this string is her absolute certainty that she will marry Rome. She asks/tells him: "Rome, will will you marry me." "Mommy, Rome and I will get married and he will put a veil on my head, and I will have beautiful flowers and a beautiful dress and we will be married." (Because we all know that marriage is ALL ABOUT a swanky dress, nice flowers, and the veil. Nothing more too it than that. Right?!) She then proceeds to make him dance with her and continues to tell him that they are married now. I try to inform her that in not so many years the idea of marrying your brother will not only sound unappealing, but downright gross. Nope, she's set. He is THE ONE. Well, at least I know I will like the in-laws!

2 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

That's hilarious. Graham still thinks he wants to marry me...but I'm taken :)

Amy said...

She is so funny. I love that the idea of marriage when you are little is OH SO simple. How's the flying, or are you on leave already?