grey/yellow template

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nails on a Chalkboard

Quick post, it's late and two nights a a sleepless toddler are wearing on me. I gave a little class yesterday and in the program I was referred to as "Becky" Stewart. Ok, so not to be witchy here, but who takes it upon themselves to assume one's nickname? Don't get me wrong, I am sure the dear sister who typed it up(or PC'ed or MAC'ed I know, no one types things up anymore) just figured that was what I went by. Well, I DON'T! And I don't ever want to. No offense to the name "Becky", but I imagine a dirty faced five year old with red pigtails when I hear that name. It truly is not me, not that I wasn't a dirty faced five year old at one point, but now... it's just not me. Sorry for the rambling, just had to vent for a second. I am off to sweet dreamland... hopefully I will be resting my peepers for more than 2 hours tonight!

5 comments:

Holly said...

You did great on Saturday, it was my favorite class. I'm in for lunch, call me!

Mandi said...

I was SO Sad that I was misled by the name 'Becky' I totally missed your class and would have loved to have gone, especially over the last one I went to, it was Boring!
I totally know how you feel about the name, I hate being called Amanda, it is just not me. Anyway, I just wanted to share the pain with you. When are we going to get together?

Aubri n Scott said...

I agree with you 100% I am so not into it when people assume you go by something other than what you are! Except for I really have never had that problem since my name you really can't do that!

Becky said...

No offense taken! As a fellow "Rebecca" myself, I know what it is like to be called Becca... seriously! I have been called Becky my whole life and tried to go by Rebecca when I started my professional career, but it felt WAYYY too formal for me (since I was called Becky forever) and I quickly nixed the Rebecca name calling thingy! It is hilarious though that people don't ask. I would only call someone by a different name if I heard someone else call them that. Better I would just ask what they preferred. I like to vent as well. Keeps my sanity about me!

Toria said...

you are hilarious! I have always wondered about people who take liberties to call people by nicknames upon first meeting. You'll have to tell me if little Toria has the opposite problem, because I often have people call me "Victoria" because they either heard wrong or because they don't feel they know me well enough to call me the "nickname" version of what they think is my full name. I have trouble correcting people and making them feel stupid or feel bad, but I'm NOT a Victoria- at ALL! and neither is your little one.