grey/yellow template

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood

So, last weekend my two little kidlets were both sick. Toria=sinus infection, Rome=ear infection. Which equals lots of antibiotics. Toria seemed to be pepping right up, she was even playing outside as I put the final touches on my garden this year( I am late, I know.) After a fun filled morning of hauling topsoil/compost/peat moss, planting, and lots of sunny-filled weather, the kids and I headed off to the local nursery to try and scour up some strawberry plants(again, late, I know!) They both fall asleep in the car, my favorite! But, we arrive and I have to wake them up, not my favorite! As we are walking into the nursery, Toria says,"Mommy, my throat hurts." I don't think much of it. I am carrying Rome and trying to make a quick trip of this outing when I kneel doen to check on Toria and... she begins to projectile vomit all over me, herself, her clothes... EVERYTHING! We are not talkin' a little but of puke here my friends, this id full fledged "Stand By Me-Pie Eating Contest Puke." It's one of those moments that seems like it lasts for about 10 minutes but is really about 12 seconds. Meanwhile, rome is crying, Toria is devastated, she starts apologizing, "Mommy, I'm sorry I spit on you!" I don't know where a bathroom is, I don't know what to do with Rome, I don't know how I am going to get myself home before the stench begins. Finally, a sweet angel-of-a-gal directs me to the bathroom, bring me heavy duty towels, holds Rome, and is as kind as can be as I strip Toria down to her skivvies(I would have done the same, but for some reason it's only appropriate for the 3 and under crowd) and attempt to rinse us all off as best as can be done. We proceed homeward and luckily make it before the foul odor gets to me, and my poor sweet girl just kept pleading for us to go back and get the strawberries. We did make that trip again the next day. Am I brave or stupid?!?! 

4 comments:

Amy said...

YIKES!!! What an awful experience. You feel so bad for the little tikes, you'd almost rather it was you and not them. I'm so sorry that happened. Sweetie, next time throw up before we leave home...

Manu Family said...

LOL.... I have had many of those moments.... where I don't know weather to laugh or cry... glad someone was there to help you =)

Aubri n Scott said...

that is so not fun. Ugh, being sick sucks! We have had it here at our house as well. Good luck!

Amy Jones said...

Oh Rebecca! Those are the moments that are going to gain us some big fat rewards someday. Being a mom is often the most unglamorous, odor-filled, disgusting job in the world. I'm so glad that there was someone there to help you out. What an angel.