grey/yellow template

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Let the sleeping begin!

"Anyone who says they slept like a baby never had one"
I saw this quote and offered a big AMEN.

After three nights of gut wrenching(more so for me than anyone else) long nights. My little guy is sleeping through the night!
The first night was a cry fest, the second was slightly less taxing and the third night was hardly difficult. Day four has come and gone and he is an official all-nighter!

I never thought I could do it. I forgot how much your heart breaks as their little cries for help pull at the mom instinct and make you want to leap up and soothe them and make sure that they know you love them and would never abandon them! I laid outside my little man's room as he learned how to do it on his own. It took everything I had to not save him!

Relief... he still loves me and smiles at me and doesn't hate me.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I could never do the letting him cry thing, I'm such a sucker, and it took him until about 9 or so months to be an all nighter. I'm proud of you. And so glad you now have a sleeper. YEA!!!