grey/yellow template

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Binkys, Big-Girl Beds, and Pottys

So, the last few months have been BIG ones for our lovely, little gal. First... we took away the oh so coveted, and adored binkys! It went quite smoothly, I must say. Much easier than I had imagined it would. I swore I would never let a child of mine have them that long, but I did. I drew the line at birthday #2. She only asked for them twice, but since she had thrown them in the rubbish bin with her hesitant hand, she knew they were gone. Second... no more crib for our tot. On to the real deal! A big-girl bed! Ok, so really it's a toddler bed, well... really it's her crib, with one side converted to a toddler bed. So, maybe not such a HUGE transition, but for the "not-so-great-sleeping-kid" it was a big step. She pulled that one off with flying colors. She loves her bad and often just sits on it to play saying, " Mommy, I just sit on my bed, I don't go night-night." On to accomplishment number 3! Well, tomorrow marks the first stop on our potty training expedition. I know that millions of millions have tackled this one, so I go in to our journey with the support of mom's everywhere. I will keep you updated...


Just a note, as I was playing with her today. I wondered-where did this little baby go?





And when did she grow up in to this little girl that I can't get enough of?



7 comments:

Aubri n Scott said...

WAit til she is 16... Time sure flies! She is adorable though! Good luck on the potty thing!

Annie said...

She is the cutest. We need to get together soon!

Kirah and Jeremy said...

I found you!! :) You need to post more pictures of your kids, their really cute! I hope the potty training goes better for you guys

Jason and Kristin said...

I still remember being at ready to learn and she had was hooked up to the little monitor or oxygen or whatever that was. Sad we don't see you so much anymore but happy to find your blog!

BKAT said...

So, how did potty training go? I will call soon! Love ya!

Megan said...

It sounds like we're similarly in love with our little people! Such an exciting time for all these changes, too! :)

Amy Jones said...

Becca, love the blog. Your kids are SO cute. It was good to see you today.